Finally back!

Well, after the day of tornadoes 2 weeks ago, no power and then no time once we had power, I'm finally back to blogging!  I even have art to share!  Above is the replacement dress I made for the Marie Antoinette at the Ball swap on the Art For The Creative Mind yahoo group. I hope my poor swap partner receives this one.  The butterfly paper was from a DCWV Matstack called Mariposa. SO pretty! I embossed the green cardstock with my Cuttlebug and added some ribbon rosettes, a bow on the back and the butterfly on the front.  Oh, and the little pearl button!  I sure hope she likes it!

Next, is the altered box I did for the same yahoo group.  After about 4 unsuccessful tries at altering a box, this is what I finally came up with.  I thought I had in my mind exactly what I wanted, but then I couldn't get it out in actual form. Don't you hate that?! lol  This is what I ended up with. It's not what I had originally intended but I really like it, nonetheless.  I hope my swap partner does too!

I used another sheet from the Mariposa matstack on top of the box.  Added the 3 buds and leaves that I had left over from making my hair goodies, some trim around the edge ( I had that left over from a bellydance bra!), painted the bottom of the box gold and added some gold leafing. I'd love to know what you think!

5 comments:



Terry said...

Beautiful creations! Love the dress and altered box! Glad I stopped by for a visit! Have a lovely and safe weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa
I read your message on Gingersnappers Yahoo and had to visit.
The dress is wonderful and as for the box, stunning.
Wishes
Lynne M

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous dress! Love that little bit of embossing on the bodice.

trisha too said...

Welcome back! You had quite a time of it!

The dress is adorable, and the box turned out great, even if it isn't what you'd envisioned!

:)

Gerri Herbst said...

The dress is just darling!Your altered box is wonderful too, you should be proud of it. Lovely color and details. thanks for visiting me, gerri

Post a Comment